Does it seem the harder you work, the behinder you get? Do you have multiple calendars and to-do lists scattered around the office and at home? Have you ever found yourself wishing you had more time to get things done? The harsh reality is that everyone gets the same amount of time every day. What we need to learn is how to effectively accomplish our myriad tasks everyday - both at work and at home. Too many people try to "stay on top" of everything with inefficient tools that actually create more clutter - both physical and mental. Without becoming a "neat-freak" we can all learn how to de-clutter our desks and minds so that we can concentrate on the task at hand, get the important stuff done in less time, and simultaneously reduce our stress.
Bring this Workshop Onsite to Your Location. Small or large groups; Save on travel expense and time away from the office by bringing the training right to your door. Request a quote.
- Practice identifying your internal and external time wasters
- Use the time management matrix to prioritize your time
- Learn four hot tips for planning daily success
- Discover practical, real-world techniques for dealing with interruptions
- Practice using the hidden, yet very powerful, time management tools in Microsoft Outlook
Who should attend?
This seminar will be helpful for anyone who occasionally feels overwhelmed by the pressures of home and work life. Particular focus is given to the challenges faced by today's IT professional in meeting deadlines, dealing with end users, and balancing work and personal activities.
Module One: Identifying the Problem
- How are you currently spending your time?
- What is hindering you from reaching your goals?
- Which time-wasters are stealing opportunities?
Module Two: Building Your Success Plan
- The task management matrix.
- The three questions you should ask yourself when any task comes up.
- Four hot tips to planning daily success.
- How to separate real deadlines from the phony ones.
- Delegation skills that work for you.
- Dealing with interruptions (people, phone, mail).
Module Three: Getting Stress Under Control
Spend some time researching the impact of stress and you'll soon learn that it has a significant effect on your level of productivity. You'll also discover that stress is a fact of life, paraphrasing a once popular bumper sticker, stress happens. In this module you'll learn about:
- The definition of stress, the types of stress and the components of stress
- The increasing detrimental effects of runaway stress
- What causes stress
- How to get stress under control
Module Four: Harnessing the Power of Outlook
- Create integrated to-do lists.
- Use Calendar features to keep you on track.
- Get your email under control using rules, alerts and searches.
- Manage your contacts so you will always have who, what, when available
- Integrating Outlook components to increase your task management effectiveness.
Prospective attendees should possess a sincere desire to improve skills in time and task management and a willingness to apply the methods learned.
- Registration: 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- Morning session: 9:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- Lunch (on your own): 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Afternoon session: 12:45 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Bring us onsite to your location! Private team training is a great training solution for your group.
All of soundtraining.net's workshops and seminars are available for presentation onsite at your location. You choose the time, the topic, and the location and we'll be there with the training you need for your team. Call (206) 988-5858 or click here for more information about bringing training right to your door. Request a quote.